Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thrift Store Makeovers

I finally got around to working on some projects last night. It was fun and now I only have a few more unfinished things to work on. I really like making over things with spray paint. It completely changes the item, and uh I kinda like the smell of spray paint, is that bad? Oh well onto the makeovers...


The mirror was a ugly brown color so with some white I think its pretty cute. The flower was a silver color and can be seen in its original 'beauty' here. I plan on putting something in the picture part of the flower just not sure what yet.
This wood sign was pretty scratched up and well it was just ugly so chalkboard spray paint it got. I like it. I used the plate stand, or whatever it is, from this post. I got a bunch of different colored chalk so I figured I could write some cute little thing for each season, holiday etc.


Here is the before pic of the shelves.........

Here is the after. I think I am pretty happy with how they turned out. I did not realize the paint was a glossy finish until after it was done, duh, but I think I like it still. The color is exactly what I wanted them to be.
I had fun doing all of these things. It has just gotten me more excited about upcoming projects. I am a spray paint addict now and I am loving every minute of it!! Till Next Time......
.
Go check out Metamorphosis Monday and see all the fun things people have ' metamorphed'
.
.
P.S. Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.



3 comments:

  1. Great Makeovers!! The mirror and little flower look awesome in white!! Don't you just love spray paint? It's amazing!! Love that chalkboard and shelves too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the white...nice touch!

    ReplyDelete