Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thrifty Finds

So today I decided to go to Savers ( one of our local thrift shops) and look around to see if I could find any goodies for the house. Lemme tell ya, thrift stores are nuts. There is so much crap there but if you take the time to look you will most likely find some pretty good things. I just recently got into thrift shopping. I love it! You can get some pretty decent things for way cheap. On the other hand they have some of the weirdest stuff there. Today I saw a brown blob thing. I have no idea what it was, but I do know what it reminded me of, and it was priced at $5.99. I could go to my backyard and get several of them brown blob things for free. I can certainly see why it was in a thrift store...

I spent $20.12 and got quite a few things for the house. I took pictures of it all and went to hook the camera up to the computer & I realized I did not have the usb cable. A few weeks ago I sold a camera on Ebay, and yup you guessed it, sent the wrong cable. Yeah I was pretty happy about it, made my day actually. I just ended up taking some pictures with my cell phone. So here ya go, pictures of what I got today.

The plate stand? is going to be used for a project that I am working on, will post about it later. The little chair, well I have not one clue what I am going to do with it, but it was only $1.00 and it's really cute. I am going to spray paint the flower white and will either put a cute picture in the middle or just put some chalk spray paint on it, not sure yet.


The big basket is for all of our dog toys, bones etc. They have so many and I hate how they are just all over the house. I think I am going to paint this basket some kind of a brown color, possibly some green color. Our house is mostly earth tone colors. The smaller glass jar I plan on putting q-tips or something like that in it to go in the master bathroom. The larger glass jar is going to get a little rectangle section on it painted with spray paint chalk. I am not sure what I am putting in this one yet but I will figure it out sooner or later, probably later. The bag of wreaths I am not exactly sure what I am going to do with them yet. I will probably decorate each one for each major holiday and display it around the house at the right time, as opposed to the wrong time?


These shelves I plan on spray painting a dark brown and putting them on one of my walls that is a lighter brown color. They are in pretty good shape with no scratches or anything. I am happy with them and we have basically no shelves on any of our walls so it works.
All in all today was a pretty good day. Got a few things for the house and a few new projects to work on. Savers is having a "sale" on Saturday so I will probably go back then to see what I can find, if anything at all. Well that's all I gotta say for now...
P.S. Remember, Love always wins!



1 comment:

  1. Great finds! You cetaintly can't complain about $20, huh?!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    *Tricia

    ReplyDelete