Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thrifty Thursday, On Wednesday night

I told Josh I was going to Savers to look around and I would be back home in just a little bit. Well, 2 hours later I got home. He just does not understand how sometimes ya gotta really dig for stuff. I would walk by things at least 2 times and not see something I saw before.


I got the wooden box/basket/whatever for $1. I am going to spray paint it brown and put some rolled up towels in it & put it in the master bath, I think, could change. I love the brown bowl. It is very plain and simple but I love it. It is made of wood and has no scratches or anything on it. Got it for $1. Josh gets me roses a lot so I just took some dried up ones and put them in it and I actually have a white candle that I put in the center of the bowl. I got that quite awhile ago, but it's still very thrifty!
The mugs were 50 cents each. I love them, very much actually. The ladybug candle was $1 and it smells yummy! to me it is a very summer time candle. I have it in my kitchen and it does not match one thing in there but it's still cute. The set of Christmas candles were free. Can't get much better then that.

The 2 pictures on the wall are kind of hard to see but they were only $1 each and they go with the theme of my kitchen. I am not really even sure what the theme in my kitchen is though, oh well! Actually they candles you can kind of see in the picture were all free. Josh's mom gave them to me. I like her lots! This picture is from right by the sink. There's lots more stuff there but I will show ya that later.
.
.
Come see all the other treasures at Thrifty Thursday. Everyone finds such good things!!!!!! Till next time....
.
.
.P.S. The best proof of love is trust.
Don't forget about my giveaway!

5 comments:

  1. Don't you love $1 items? Or even better...free. When it's priced right, one can become very creative. That is truly fun. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been searching for a bowl like that, Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to those places are going to fill your house up VERY quickly....you are doing great with all your "bargains"!! Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have seen my house, it's not like it is cluttered or anything. If anything I feel like some places could use some more decor ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wooden crate and I have one quite similar that I painted red. During the christmas holidays I fill it with greens and then put a variety of tins and decorative boxes filled with holiday treats (candy canes, cookies, nuts, etc). I makes a great centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete