Friday, August 14, 2009

My Love


I took this picture of Josh the other day when he fell asleep on the love seat. I think it is so funny. I had to take it with my cell phone, that's why the quality is not great, so that the camera would not wake him up. He always falls asleep here, and usually in the funniest ways.
He is my best friend, my better half, the love of my life etc. We have been together for about 2 and a half years. In that short amount of time we have had a lot of ups and downs. We have both been there for each other when we lost someone close to us. Most recently his dad. Who passed away in February from brain cancer. That was so hard on him. It was hard on everyone really but he always took him to his Chemo appointments and spent a lot of time with him. He gets teary eyed when we talk about him, I try not to bring it up too much.
Josh is such an amazing guy. I feel completely blessed to have him in my life. He gets along great with my family and loves them like they were his own, and vice versa. I love his family too, well most of them. His parents raised such a good man in him. I am very thankful to them for this.
He will do anything he can to really help anyone. He shares a love of animals with me, especially dogs. He has such a kind soul. I could go on and on about him. The subject of marriage has come up a lot lately with us. He point blank told me he wants to marry me but wants me to be surprised when he officially asks me. He told me I will have a ring on my finger before Christmas, we shall see. I know I will be more then honored to be his wife. By the way, I got his permission to post this picture, he thinks it is funny and reminds him of Al Bundy :-)
.
.
P.S. It is not lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes a unhappy marriage.
.
.

3 comments:

  1. Brittany, sounds like you have a pretty amazing guy there. They are few and far between, so good for you for finding a gem. He's a typical guy judging from the pic. ;-)

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo - that's a man for ya! Your P.S. is so true - My X-husband and I were NEVER friends, even tho we professed love for each other. I've been married 5 years to Mr. Wonderful, and since we were friends from the start, our marriage has been so easy, and every day I love him more! Glad you found a nice fella to share life with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post! I'm sure he is nothing like Al Bundy (lol).

    Enjoy your day!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete