Thursday, August 13, 2009

Traditions

Marie at Emma Calls Me Mama, is hosting a series of blog parties and the first one is Celebrating Day-To-Day. Please go check it out!

Some day-to-day traditions we have around here are pretty simple ones. I think sometimes it is the simple ones that mean the most though. Every morning when we first wake up we make sure we say good morning and ask how the other slept and always start the day off with a kiss, yes even if that means our breath is a bit stinky. We make sure we eat every single meal together, no matter if it is a small meal or a big one.

Every time one of us leaves the house we make sure we kiss each other and say I love you, You never know what could happen so if something, God forbid, terrible happened we would know the last thing we said to each other was I love you. Every night before bed we of course, say our I love yous too.

We don't have many day-today traditions but the little things we do mean a lot to us.
.
.
P.S. The more you care, the stronger you can be
.
.
Please check out my giveaway

5 comments:

  1. Those are very important daily traditions. Lots of times, the little things are really big things!

    I really like your new profile pic...it's a good picture of you!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brittany - your sweet family sentiments are so special. You are right, it's the little things we do together that are the most meaningful and long lasting.

    Thank you for joining the party!

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacallsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your daily traditions are so very important!! It's the little things that are most important!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the little things and after all saying I love you isn't such small thing is it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the saying I love you before you leave is a wonderful tradition, it's life and love affirming and sends you out into the world with more strength and spirit

    ReplyDelete