Monday, August 10, 2009

Orange Day

Clever title huh? I am the worst at coming up with a title name. I hope to get better in time, like fine wine, or something like that. Today was orange tag day at Savers and I went in planning to only get something with orange tags so it would only be 99 cents. I did not quite accomplish my mission, such is life. Here's what I got.

When I went last week I got the Christmas tree candle holders and when I got home I wished I had gotten the Snowmen too. I was so happy when I saw them there today. They were only 99 cents, with a green tag I might add. The black candle stand/holder was priced at $3.99 but it had a orange tag so only 99 cents for me. Yay. I am not going to paint it, for now. I will find something to put on top. It is actually pretty tall.
She was priced at 4.99 with a orange tag so I grabbed her up to. I will eventually paint her but I am not sure what color yet and/or where I will put her. She is also a tall lady. Why do I keep calling "it" her?
Bowls, gotta love em. I got all of these for $3 at WallyWorld. They were in the 4Th of July clearance section. They are pretty good plastic bowls too. Good find for me.

Now I really like this one! Anyone know what kinda jar it is? It comes off in 3 different sections. Was priced at $1.99 with a green tag so I paid full price but I really like it. I think it will be cute to put different colored M&M's in it around the different holidays.
Well that is all for now. Til' next time....
.
.
P.S. Feelings are not supposed to be logical. Dangerous is the man who has rationalized his emotions.
.
.
Please stop by 2nd time around treasures to see what everyone else got!

While you are at it stop on over at Thrifty Thursday hosted by Leigh

17 comments:

  1. The clear glass item is a candy jar that at Christmas time people fill each layer with different colored candies for a decorative touch. BUT I have seen lots of wonderful other uses ... put sea shells in them, rose petals, etc. Great buys ... TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know. I figured it was just a candy jar. I will make it my whatever jar :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great deals you got! I like that tall candle holder. It's always great when there are sales!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep telling myself I'm going to write down the special "tag" days at my favorite thrift stores... but I never seem to remember... orange day... looks a great bargain day at yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember my mom having one of those glass jar thingys. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds.
    thanks for coming by.
    see you again,

    Barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. My WM sold out of their 4th of July clearance really fast so I was only able to snatch up a few acrylic bowls and paper plates. Love your bowls! Those will come in so handy to have around the house, especially the red ones at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the jar...and what a steal of a price! I bet it was a candy jar...but oh...what possibilities for a creative gal like you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bargain hunting is so much fun. I love your items and the tree candy dish will be fun at Christmas. Wow, talking about Christmas already is making me nervous. Big smile.

    Hugs...Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the great comment on my blog! That jar is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That little jar is unique. YOu got some neat things! Thanks for linking up today for Thrifty Thursday! I am so appreciative!
    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like the candle holder. I also posted mine today and am using them to hold my vintage hats. Too tall for candles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The jars are wonderful! I would have snapped that up too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job, can't have too many bowls ! Good eye !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the candle holder. The candy dish/glass tiered dish is very unique. What a cute find.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you did a great job! The tree would look good with M&Ms in it - any time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have the same glass container that my 92yr. old aunt gave me. I'm glad you found one. M&M's will be perfect in it.

    ReplyDelete